Ask Q is committed to respect the privacy of its (prospective) clients, suppliers, business partners, job applicants and visitors of its website www.letsaskq.be (the “Ask Q Website”). Therefore, all personal data provided by you will be legitimately processed by Ask Q in accordance with this Privacy Notice, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679) and all other existing or new applicable laws relating to personal data protection.
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you on how Ask Q uses your personal data and which rights you have in relation to your personal data.
This Privacy Notice may change from time to time. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 12 December 2024.
2. When does this Privacy Notice apply?
This Privacy Notice is applicable to the processing by Ask Q of all personal data of its (prospective) clients, suppliers, business partners, job applicants and visitors of the Ask Q Website. This Privacy Notice does not address the processing of personal data of employees and legal consultants in the context of their professional relationship with Ask Q.
3. Who is the controller?
Ask Q is the controller of all personal data processed within the scope of this Privacy Notice. Ask Q is a Belgian limited liability company, having its registered office at 1800 Vilvoorde (Belgium), Medialaan 28A, and is registered with the Crossroad Bank for Enterprises under the number 0761.731.595.
4. How does Ask Q collect personal data?
Ask Q will collect your personal data:
- when you directly provide us with your personal data (e.g. when you contact us via email, contact forms or other means of communication);
- when we receive personal data from third parties (e.g. personal data received from regulatory authorities, customers or service providers of Ask Q);
- when personal data is collected automatically (e.g. your technical information in relation to the use of the Ask Q Website).
5. Which personal data does Ask Q collect and why?
Ask Q will collect the following personal data from you:
- identification, contact and biographical information such as your name, contact details, the company you work for and your function at such company;
- information about your visit and how you interact with the Ask Q Website, including technical information associated with the device you use;
- information relevant to the legal services we provide you with, such as billing information or information in relation to your business;
- information relevant to the recruitment process, such as the information in your application and information we collect while performing background checks, excluding information regarding health, race, political or religious beliefs, and criminal convictions.
6. For what purposes does Ask Q use your personal data?
Ask Q will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to ensure proper communication;
- to deliver services requested by you;
- to establish and manage its (potential) relationship with you;
- to provide you with marketing/commercial information (postal and/or e-mail);
- to optimize the quality of its services and the functionality of the Ask Q Website;
- to ensure the security of its office, systems and the Ask Q Website;
- to prevent, detect and investigate fraudulent or criminal activities;
- to operate and manage its business processes and IT infrastructure;
- to carry out recruitment activities;
- to assess job applications;
- to conclude, execute and terminate agreements for the procurement of products or services;
- to carry out business development activities;
- in the context of a (potential) corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale or change of control;
- to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights;
- to protect the rights of third parties;
- to comply with any applicable laws and regulations, court orders or the requests of an authority; and
- for any other purpose communicated to you in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Depending on the relationship Ask Q has with you, your personal data shall be processed for different purposes. Ask Q will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes of which you have been informed, unless it is required or authorised by law to do so.
7. On what legal grounds does Ask Q use your personal data?
Ask Q shall use your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following legal grounds:
- because the use of your personal data is necessary for the conclusion and performance of an agreement with you (e.g. employee contract);
When you register for an event organised by Ask Q, we collect the personal data that is necessary for processing your registration for the event and to send you the proof of registration. At the event, we may use the data that are linked to your registration to the event to verify your identity as a fraud prevention measure and to confirm the authenticity of your proof of registration. To the extent this processing requires the processing of your personal data, we rely on the performance of our agreement.
- because the use of your personal data is necessary to ensure compliance with its legal obligations (e.g. tax law);
In certain cases, we may process your personal data based on a legal obligation. For example, based on tax and accounting legislation, we may be required to retain certain information.
- because the use of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of Ask Q’s legitimate interests or those of a third party;
Ask Q has a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal data, for example, (i) to ensure proper communication with you or the company you work for, (ii) to optimize the quality of its services and functionality of the Ask Q Website, (iii) to operate and manage its business processes and IT systems, (iv) to detect, prevent and investigate fraud and (v) to protect or enforce its rights.
- because you have consented to the use of your personal data for a specified purpose (e.g. by actively providing us with information for such purpose, or by clicking a checkbox).
Ask Q will only provide you with direct marketing e-mails (e.g. an e-newsletter) after it has obtained your prior explicit consent to receive such e-marketing communications. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for such marketing purposes through the use of the “unsubscribe” link included at the end of a direct marketing e-mail or by contacting Ask Q (see contact details included in Section 12 below).
8. How does Ask Q secure your personal data?
Ask Q takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. Examples of such measures are the implementation of a secure IT infrastructure, the conclusion of data processing agreements with third parties and the restriction of access to personal data to authorized persons only.
However, it should be noted that: (i) in general, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure, private, or confidential; and (ii) any information that is sent to or received by the Ask Q Website may be intercepted, decrypted, consulted, and used by third parties, even if the exchange of such information is encrypted.
The Ask Q website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, kindly note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Ask Q does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or websites. Please consult these privacy policies before transferring any personal data.
9. With whom does Ask Q share your personal data?
Ask Q may transfer your personal data to the following categories of recipients on a need-to-know basis:
- to parties that are involved in the performance of Ask Q’s legal services (for example lawyers, legal service providers, arbitrators, mediators and notaries);
- to our service providers (for example IT support providers and cloud computing providers);
- to our professional advisors (for example lawyers and accountants);
- to third parties in connection with a (potential) corporate transaction;
- to governmental or administrative authorities;
- to our financial institutions; and
- to our insurance companies.
Such recipients may be located outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). Any transfers of your personal data to recipients located outside the EEA will be accompanied by adequate safeguards to protect your personal data (e.g. based on an adequacy decision by the European Commission, governed by the standard contractual clauses and/or supplementary measures).
10. How long will Ask Q retain your personal data?
Ask Q shall retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes included in this Privacy Notice. The criteria Ask Q uses to determine the retention periods include:
- if you or your company have an agreement with Ask Q, your personal data shall be retained for as long as needed to provide services to you or your company;
- Ask Q shall retain your personal data as long as it has an ongoing relationship with you, including any disputes or potential claims;
- Ask Q shall retain your personal data as needed to ensure compliance with its legal and contractual obligations.
12. What are your rights?
According to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
- the right to request from Ask Q access to your personal data and information about its processing;
- the right to obtain an (electronic) copy of your personal data and, in some cases, the right to have your personal data transferred to you or a third party in a machine-readable format (data portability);
- the right to rectification of your personal data in case it is incomplete or inaccurate;
- the right to have your personal data erased if we no longer possess a legal ground:
- where Ask Q processes your personal data on the basis of your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Such withdrawal will however not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- where Ask Q processes your personal data on the basis of its legitimate interests for other purposes than direct marketing, then we could continue processing your personal data if we have a compelling reason or if this is necessary with regard to legal claims and legal defense;
- the right to have the processing of your personal data put ‘on hold’ in specific situations (typically when we are checking whether we must rectify or erase your personal data after you requested us to do so) or to object to the processing of your personal data.
If you believe that your rights have been violated and/or if you believe that Ask Q does not comply with applicable data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The contact details of the Belgian Data Protection Authority can be found on the website www.dataprotectionauthority.be. We would however appreciate it if you first contact us, so that we may look for a swift solution.
Should you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, including the exercise of your rights, please contact Ask Q by e-mail or regular mail using the contact details provided below.
Via regular mail:
Ask Q BV
To the attention of Marieke Van Driessche, General Manager